Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yippee for me - I can run a mile

I hate running and all forms of exercise unless it includes playing soccer with hot guys or running next to hot guys on the track around Lady Bird Lake. In spite of my opinion of exercise, I started running and doing an exercise class this year. I have to do it with the girls in tow so, I am always pushing them in my jogging stroller. I had not attempted to run without them in many years and for the first time in many, many years was able to complete an entire mile without stopping and feeling like I was going to die.

I think back to all of the soccer I used to play and think that 1 measly mile is really lame but, it is a start. It takes me 14 minutes to do it but, I have to start somewhere. I have now done the mile lap in my neighborhood twice and will be back to doing it with the kids this week. My next goal is to do the lap in my neighborhood with the kids in tow without stopping. The added 75 lbs. will be a challenge but, I will try to do it in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment