Sunday, June 28, 2009

Right place right time? I think divine

Have you ever felt like you were exactly where God wanted you to be and had everything that you needed to help someone else in a big way? I had the pleasure of doing a Mobile Loaves and Fishes run again yesterday. My oldest daughter and I enjoy doing the runs together and right before we left the church where we prepare the food a women came up to the truck and got a bag of food from us. As she was getting ready to go she leaned down and adjusted a bandage she had on her leg. My initial reaction was to ignore the move and send her on her way but, then I remembered that I had my first aid kit in the car. This is a super duper kit that my husband got when he worked in a safety department years ago. I have used it many times when I played soccer and was always bandaging someone up or putting on an ice pack. I prayed right then that the kit would have the supplies in it that I needed to redress her wound. I asked if she would like to have her bandage changed and when it had been changed last. She was going to the wound care clinic, where I did a clinical rotation, a couple of days a week to have the bandage changed but, a new dressing never hurts especially when the one you have is dirty and falling off your leg. She was grateful to have it changed and sat right down on the curb in front of the truck so I could look at it. Thankfully, there was no major infection and in time it would heal well. I dressed it, gave her supplies to do it again, and sent her on her way.

The whole interaction took 5 minutes or less but, I knew at the moment that I saw her adjust the bandage that God had put me there at that time to help her. All of the things I needed were in my kit and I was able to do God's will curbside. I am so blessed to have had that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment